Monday, May 08, 2006

Various Moments


Worked Saturday morning from 5 to 12. Went home, took shower, and headed to the airfield. Met bunch of people that I hadn't seen in a while. The weather is starting to get better, I reckoned. Went up in the L-13 with Dave, an instructor. I did a lot better on take off. But got too low while boxing the wake. We stayed up for about two hours. Went up to about 6200ft MSL. And headed to Union and then to Hampshire. I wished if I had an audio vario. My head was spinning by the time I came down. But learned that I needed to bank a bit more during thermalling to stay in. Had two beers after I landed and I developed a pretty optimistic perspect on life for the rest of the afternoon.

On Sunday, I went played soccer for the league. We lost 2-1, although it could've easily been 5-1. I started out as the usual defensive midfielder position, but I had to go play right defender when the guy rolled his ankle. I played pretty miserably. I felt pretty down after the game, and I went through the usual 'I am the worst creature in the universe, and I was born to kill myself' mode. After the game, everyone was talking about what we should do to fix the problems, but I think the problem is just the lack of fundamental techniques. If it takes me three touches to control the ball, there's a good chance that I'll lose the ball and even more chance that I won't have time to pass the ball. I have to get better at controlling the ball. The problem is not complicated. Of course, I didn't realise this while I was playing. I think I could've done better if I just relaxed a little more. I wanna play as a forward next time.

Went saw 'Scary Movie 4' with Raul after the game. This somewhat successfully neutralized my depression for a bit.

As for the job situation, I have decided to look for an engineering job for one more month, and if I don't find one in a month, I'll find a new job regardless. This time something that I can build as a career. I suddenly decided on this plan while trying to figure out a way to watch the World Cup that will start in exactly one month from today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home