Friday, April 21, 2006

Loss

My laptop died on me.
I had to erase everything and start over again.
Lost all my pictures...

I guess it's good to start over sometimes...

Note to self.
Make backups.

Only one call from a recruiter this week.
I-DEAS drafter position at Fermi Lab.
It would be nice because it's not too far from the soccer field and the glider field.
I'll be making twice the money.
I could still live in Elgin.

But this job requires citizenship.

I have my interview for citizenship this coming Monday.
I also have the first soccer game of the season this Sunday.

I'm taking the day off on May 1st because of the immigration law thing.
It's good to get people's attention, I reason. No one really cares about politics unless it's got something to do with them. I'm not illegal, but I have lots of friends who are, and I feel that many people and companies take advantages of them just because they don't have the paperworks. I wouldn't have done anything by myself, but this is an opportunity to tell people about the problems.


Oh yeah...
I took one flight in the L-13, and I did pretty bad. I never had to be on tow in L-13 and didn't know that the control pressure is pretty strong during tow. I was expecting that it'll be the same as L-23. Also I have to really watch out for the difference in cockpit attitude for a given airspeed. Sometimes I was really slow because I got too used to the 1-26. I was feeling down for doing so bad, but I wanna get familiar with this ship so I can take some friends for a ride someday. Although I have to suspend my glider activities for a while due to lack of money. Gotta find another job soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home