Monday, April 24, 2006

Sometimes I Lie

Went to the citizenship interview. I actually had an interview today. All the paperworks are filled, background check is done. At least that's what the guy told me. I just need to do my oath and shit. So I guess I'll sell out and get a job working for the military and the government and shit. I think it's a bad thing. Many people won't think so, but that's because I have this general mistrust of things like the nation state. It's hard to believe that so many people just assume that the politicians really know what they're doing. I don't think they're any smarter than any of us. Anyways, I have this general estimate as to when I'll get my citizenship, but I feel like it's a bad luck to talk about it. We'll see how it goes.

We had our first league game on Sunday. Lost 5-1. Although I didn't think that we played badly. We just couldn't deal with the high balls. And we should've spread the ball the the sides more during attack. I played in the defensive midfielder position. So it's mostly my fault that I didn't distribute the ball to the sides more.
I was able to
1. keep the ball
2. pick up the second ball
3. mark up their attack from the second row
But I didn't
1. keep pressure on the ball
2. distribute the ball better
3. support the attack from behind.
I didn't move as much as I had to for most of the match. I was mainly concentrating on taking care of the space infront of our defense.
Next time, I'll work on stopping their counter attack with fouls and communicating with others to mark up on their midfielders.
Maybe we should think of a better system that's better for the players we have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home