Saturday, September 30, 2006

Mike Tyson

I think I resemble Mike Tyson.

"The best decision I ever made was to retire from boxing. Because I don't have any stress. I'm pretty simple. I like the person I am now more than I did. I don't like 'Iron Mike' -- I like Mike Tyson."

Tyson lived in the Youngstown area during his heyday and said the tour will start there because he's still wanted and comfortable there.

"I love the rain," he remarked of the former steel town's typically dreary weather. "The rain to me is like sun to some people. It may sound pretty morbid. That's why I stayed here so long."

He recently trained in a makeshift ring at a Las Vegas hotel to help pay off his debt.

"I truly hate fighting," Tyson told The Associated Press in August. "I've got a bad taste in my mouth."

It was that experience though that made him realize people still want to see him.

His goal on the tour, he said, is to entertain people and to enjoy boxing for a change.

"I want to have fun because during my boxing career I was too damn serious. That was my problem, I took myself too serious,"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home