Monday, June 05, 2006

Complicated


Friday...
Went talked to a recruiter in Bensenville. They checked my SSN, and they told me that they couldn't confirm my work status. So no job. The people were pretty rude too. Plus the ad said the job's in Wheeling, but the recruiter didn't tell me where the job is when I asked. Then I got a call from some company in Arlington Heights that makes package labeling machine. They want to interview me on Tuesday. I don't want a job like this, but it's better than the one I have now. But I'd rather get the drafter position mentioned above. It's got something to do with aviation... supposedly... I'm guessing it's Northrop or MPC because I don't know of any aerospace company in Wheeling. Played soccer in Schaumburg. Drank beer afterwards. Not bad for a Friday.

Saturday...

Met up with some friends from college for the first time since we graduated. It was ok... I think we tried to keep our distance a bit since we don't do the same stuff now as we used to.

Sunday...
Worst game ever... Lost 6-1. I had four scoring chances but failed miserably on all attempts. First one, I latched on to a loose ball at the left edge of the penalty area and made good contact with the ball, but it was blocked by a defender. The second one, I was clean through on goal after I ran into space behind the defense. I got tackled from behind by two guys in the penalty area as I was shooting. One guy just knocked me off from the right and the other guy touched the ball as I was shooting. I thought it was gonna be a penalty for sure, but the referee didn't do anything. The third one was a complete blunder. It was a free kick, and I was clean through to behind the defense from a perfect lob from the free kick, but I didn't trap it right, and the ball bounced with a weird spin. I tried to volley it with my left to the near post, but I completely miss-kicked it. I should've just half volleyed it the first time. The fourth one was a loose ball from a corner. I learned from my mistake the first time and positioned myself very good to volley it with my right foot from close range. I met the ball perfect and it was bound to go into the net with no chance of the goal keeper stopping it... But it hit the back of our left midfielder on the way... I have to practice shooting. I made chances, but I didn't finish the job. I've been neglecting shooting practices because I rarely have the chance to shoot in a typical game. So I figured why should I practice when we can't even create chances... Well, I can create chances now. I have a lot to improve on the basics too, like passing and trapping, but I should start practicing shooting too. It's too important to neglect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home