Thursday, July 28, 2005

Life of a Sheep

Things have been happening pretty fast since I started living here.
Some people think that I'm an unemployed piece of shit, but I don't really give a fuck.

Went to Oshkosh to hand out my resume.
I had some positive responses.
Ironic thing happened when I was talking to some guys from a propeller company.
When I told them where I live, they said that they have one engineer who used to live out of a hangar of his glider club in New Mexico.
They took my resume and said to put in good words for me.
You never know how things might turn out.
But I'll see what happens...

Saw Spaceship One and White Knight.

Sat through about 4hours (including one hour that I sat and waited) of Burt Rutan presentation.

Solo'd again for the first time this year.
Came in way too fucking low.
I've never came so close to the clock tower.
I thought that I'd have to land in the alfalfa field at the end of the runway.
But made it clean and touched down at the wind sock...

One dude landed out in a cropped wheat field today.
The owner of the field was a really really nice person, we gave her a ride in the glider.
I'm glad that no one was hurt and seems like everyone was pretty happy, I think.

Good judgements come from experiences.
Experiences come from bad judgements.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home