Monday, July 09, 2007

The Time that You Wait Is a Time that You Waste

The project I've been working on has been pushed back a month. This will push back me quitting for another month. It's getting harder and harder for me to go to work everyday.

I went to the glider field on Saturday. Had two instruction flights with Mike and one flight with Dick M. Both in the L-23. The first two flights went well except that I dove for about 200 feet after I recovered from a spin. I really have to watch my speed when I'm in the pattern. It gets me nervous about slipping in the pattern, but I'm starting to get a hang of flying the ship. For the third flight, I did the takeoff, but I over controlled on the aileron, and I went through some serious flapping motions before Dick took over from me. That was one of the worst takeoffs that I've done in a while. I should've been using the rudder as much as possible until I get enough control on the ailerons, but I was trying to control the aircraft with the ailerons instead. I knew this stuff a year ago, but i've forgotten a lot of it.

My goal this year is to be able to take up my friends in the L-23, but it will be a while for me to catch up to where I used to be.

I started playing with the soccer team close to where I live. I quit the other team cuz they're a bunch of whiners. If Mikie decides to form another team, I'll join them. But for now, I'll play with these people. The players in this team have better understanding of the game. And I learn things everytime I go to their practice. Also, there's a girl in the team who plays really good. She plays like she's making moves with thoughts and intentions. Not like me who just does whatever I feel like will work. I kind of admire the girl because she can do this, and I can't. I hope to think that I'm special in my own way, and I don't want to change my game, but I feel that I need more thoughts behind my actions.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home