Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Marine Biologist

I read an article on the most rewarding occupations today. They were like priests, firefighters, and psychiatrists. I think I would've made a descent marine biologist. I think it'll be more rewarding than being an engineer. But who knows. I don't really know what they do.

Went practiced with the people I met Saturday. For some reason they don't play at the nice flat synthetic field, and they play in a forest preserve where the ground is bumpy as hell with puddles. I played OK. I kinda felt bad cuz I think I have a bit more experience than most of the people there. I can still work on making better decisions faster while I play with them. But maybe it's not so fun for the other people. I was going to make a good first impression for the team, and I consciously tried to let go of the ball as fast as possible and run a lot on defense. But I felt a bit out of place. I'm thinking of going to another field across the highway next week for practice. I think it's good to practice with a team that's somewhat organized like these guys, but I don't want to get in their way of practice too much. So I'm definitely gonna stick with my old team this summer.

Well, I've been rambling about quitting my job since I started working here about 10 months ago. There has been a bit of a turn-around recently. The company that I work for now is slowly starting to feed me with more engineering related works. I was just about to tell my boss (CEO) that I'm gonna quit unless I get to do some engineering related work. Also, I found out that he spent $800 for each chair that we sit in so we won't have back aches etc. I really appreciate that. So for now, I'm back to undecided on finding another job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home