Saturday, April 14, 2007

Mistakes


I made a huge blunder at work. It was fixed in a clever way within a couple of hours, but I was a bit down for the rest of the day. But I kind of thought about it again today, and I came to this conclusion that it's better than copying over what's being done before. It beats doing CAD stuff or researching connectors. So I'm happy that I took the opportunity to make this kind of mistake. I feel a bit awkward about making my employer spend the money/time for me to make mistakes, but I probably will quit if I'm just copying what other people's been doing here.

Played soccer today. Finally found some people playing at the field by the high school. Nice people. I guess it's finally warm enough for people to start playing. They are more organized than my team, but it's a bit monotonic type of play. Typical 'American' type of game. I kind of wish that they play a bit less organized and more creative, but at the same time, I wish my team is a bit more organized also. I realized that I stand out when I play in an 'American' type team because I don't like to play too organized. I like to have fun and do something special for myself. I guess some people will call me selfish and some people will call me creative. I don't really care about what other people say as long as I'm having fun. I was offered to play for their team after the game, but I think I'm a bit too attached to the guys I've been playing with to switch. It's kinda nice to play with a group of people who have more experience, but I think we are just about getting there.

I think I'll practice with them during the week. It'll be nice to get to know some people in the area. I actually kicked the ball around at the field in Forest Park on Friday. They told me to come to their game on Mondays. I'm kinda tempted to just quit glider and play soccer all summer. I'm grateful that I've learned a bit about this game and the opportunity it gives me to meet new people. But I think glider is too special for me to give up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home