Thursday, June 23, 2005

Get


Again, another day was wasted.
Didn't do anything.

Saw Brazil vs. Japan game on TV.
Brazilian players were very lethargic.
And they got what they wanted and are in for the next stage.
Well, Japan came close, but I think they needed to look for a goal a bit earlier.
They didn't go after the ball when the Brazillians were passing the ball around in their backline to waste time.
I know it's risky, but I think they needed to start chasing the ball right after halftime.

Oh well, it seemed like Brazil could score whenever they turned the switch on.
They didn't need to take any risks.
I think that Japan never saw the real Brazilian team in this game.
It would've been an a lot better experience if Japan were ever up on the scores.

I noticed that Japanese players were very good at one-touching the ball.
Not like Valderama, but it seemed like the players were very calm and made very good decisions underpressure.
I didn't see the players panic when they were being chased.
It was a mostly boring game, but I think at least the Japanese players showed that they are capable of playing at a very high level.
Maybe not winning at that level though... not yet...

Watching the players in the game, I noticed that I was the one using my race as an excuse for some of my shortcomings while I should've been trying to do things on my own.
I used to think that I was good at not judging people based on their race.
It's kind of ironic that I had been judging myself based on my race.
This is bad...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home