Monday, October 03, 2005

Depression and Expectation

Job interview tomorrow.
For an wind turbine transmission assembler position.
$10/hr position that I didn't take 3 months ago.
Qualification: high school diploma or GED.

I think this is good in terms of my self-motivation.
Everytime something good happens, I think that I don't deserve it.
Maybe if the shit really sucks, I might be able to accept the circumstances and feel comfortable in the situation.
Because I'd think that I deserve it.

I've been reading the "Soaring" magazine from 1982 and 1983.
There were couple articles on the Rutan Solitaire.
Interview of Mike Melville about Solitaire was in the December, 1982 issue.

There was an account of a crash that killed a homebuilder in one of the issues.
It had a comment by someone that "... static loading tests are costly. Some calculated risks must be taken..."
Shit like that costs a lot of money still.
It fucking pisses me off that rich mother fuckers who designed some shit like B-1 or SR-71 had all the money in the world while these homebuilders had to risk their lives.
I don't really give a shit about progress in human technology and shit like that.
What's the fucking use if it's there to kill people.

I guess the increase in availability of computational tools to the homebuilders is a good thing.
Not that that's ever a substitute to flight tests, but at least they can provide better estimates.
Hopefully will save some money (including medical costs) for the homebuilders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home