Monday, August 29, 2005

Bad Landing

I solo'd in the 1-26 for the first time.
Landed like a sack of shit.
And bent the crap out of the nose skid metal.

Luckily the FAA inspector/club president was there.
And we fixed the stuff in about 2 hours, and I got to test flight it.
And everything was OK...
I guess...

I'll write a report on what exactly happened so other people won't make the same mistake that I made.
The problem is that I don't really remember exactly what happened.

I remember I came in pretty fast around 65 mph.
And I might have had the wheel brake on when I touched down.
Which forced the glider to nose down and bang on the skid.
And jump in the air about 5 feet.
Made about two more touch downs and dragged on the tail and came to a stop...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home