Sunday, February 17, 2008

7-4

Won again today 7-4 against the second best team in the league (we have the best record so far). Our record is now 6 wins and a tie and 0 loss. It was a very close game till the end. They scored the first goal after ten minutes, but it was good on our part that we tied it within a couple of minutes. It could've been their game if we let it slip a bit longer.

I think I need to be a bit more aggressive on defense sometimes. Again, I got tired too soon. I've been running for a while now, but I'm starting to realize that maybe I need to do more sprints or get my heart rate maxed out to get more stamina.
I need to work on thinking continuously about what to do next. I always start to lose concentration when I get tired. I want to fix that. And I need to learn to move with the ball more effectively. I always stop when I get the ball.

I guess everything is OK now that we're winning, but I want to know exactly what we're doing so well. I used to think that that there are three reasons why we're winning. One reason is that we have two new players who are really good. One is solid on defense and the other is a solid midfielder who can score. The second reason is that we have players who show up every week, and we've always had enough subs except for the one game we tied. The third is that we are really good at transitioning from defense to offense. It's because we now have defenders who can keep the ball a bit and make good passes to start the attack.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home