Saturday, February 18, 2006

Too Late


I've been reading "Wind Characteristics: An Analysis" by Rohatgi and Nelson.
Very good book with simple and understandable explanations of wind resource assessment techniques and general weather phenomenon.
Only $30 from the American Wind Energy Association.
It was out of print at Amazon.com.

I also got the "Wind Energy Explained" by Manwell, McGowan, and Rogers.
But I haven't even touched that one.
The "Wind Characteristics" is a better starter, I think.

I can't help but wonder if reading these books is going to help me find a job.
None of the wind energy companies that I've sent resumes to have replied to me.
But it would've given me a better chance if I had read these books before I had the interview in Texas.
It's something I'm interested in.
I'll read about it anyways, but it'll be nice to get paid for it too.

Hopefully I'll read through these before I get another call for an interview.
Whenever that's going to be...

Got a call about a contract drafter job at Fermi Lab.
I'd say that it's a great position in terms of the money, location, and experience.
It would be cool to work at a place where new ideas about this universe is being developed.
I'm not a citizen so I can't work there though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home